• Alternative and Clean Energy (ACE) Grant Program: provides financial assistance in the form of grant and loan funds that will be used by eligible applicants for the utilization, development and construction of alternative and clean energy projects in the Commonwealth. CCS prepared the application for Commonwealth Energy Group which was awarded $1.2 million for a manufacturing project.
• Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program (EECBG): The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grants (EECBG) Program, funded for the first time by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009, represents a Presidential priority to deploy the cheapest, cleanest, and most reliable energy technologies we have – energy efficiency and conservation – across the country. It is intended to assist U.S. cities, counties, states, territories, and Indian tribes to develop, promote, implement, and manage energy efficiency and conservation projects and programs. CCS prepared three applications and strategies for this program.
• PA Conservation Works! Grant Program: PA Conservation Works! is a competitive grant program funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and is open to Pennsylvania boroughs, townships and cities. CCS has an experience of preparing five such applications.
• Small Business Energy Efficient Grant Program: The Small Business Energy Efficiency Grant Program provides a 25 percent match, up to $25,000, for equipment or processes that significantly improve energy efficiency. The program was the first available through the Alternative Energy Investment Fund, part of Governor Edward G. Rendell’s Energy Independence Strategy. CCS has experience preparing numerous such applications.
• Small Business Advantage Grant Program: The Small Business Advantage Grant program is a grant for small businesses to implement pollution prevention or energy efficiency improvements to their processes or services. Small Business Advantage provides 50 percent matching grants, up to a maximum of $7,500, to enable a Pennsylvania small business to adopt or acquire energy efficient or pollution prevention equipment or processes. CCS has prepared numerous applications as part of this process.
• Sustainable Energy Fund Rebate Program: SEF offers business electric customers rebates for replacing incandescent or other energy-inefficient lighting fixtures and lamps with energy star qualified (or equivalent) energy efficient lighting fixtures. The Small Business Lighting Retrofit Rebate provides up to $2,000 to small business customers of PPL Electric Utilities. CCS has an experience preparing applications for multiple businesses and has successfully received rebates for them.
• Pennsylvania Energy Development Authority Grant (PEDA): periodic funding solicitations to provide support for innovative, advanced energy projects, and for businesses interested in locating or expanding their alternative-energy manufacturing or production operations in Pennsylvania. CCS prepared one application on behalf of Commonwealth Energy Group under this solicitation.